Kitchen Cure-Part 1

Well we had left our kitchen at the mercy of our maid and it seemed she didn't enjoy her work. I don't wish to be bitching about her. She is a nice person but its just that the kitchen was a pure mess.And in her absence(she is suffering from typhoid...I hope she gets well soon) me and my flatmates decided to cure our kitchen.I was also inspired by last month's Kitchen cure challenge at Apartment therapy. I know, I am a month late but isn't it better late than never.Its still a work in progress!


No mercy rule!
We threw away anything and everything that had crossed the expiration date. Don't know why we were stocking them anyways.Half the kitchen seems empty now. Two unopened bottles of BBQ sauce,few other sauces, bottles of cocoa powder,cereals, lasagna sheets etc etc.Its so difficult to part with things strangely because you had paid money to buy them. Nevertheless one has to learn to let go.Important thing is not to buy anything that would eventually end in the trash without even being used.
Tip: Never be tempted to buy stuff just because there is an offer. The two bottles of BBQ sauce that I mentioned earlier were on offer and finally ended up in the trash can.


To Do: 
  • Deep cleaning of all the bottles and storage containers
  • Rearranging the open storage shelf
As it is a rented apartment, I can't do much about the colour or layout of the kitchen. I will try to do my best with what I have :)
Coming soon: Kitchen Cure-Part 2.

Comments

Popular Posts