Much needed love to our Master bedroom

I could have easily replicated the look in our previous master bedroom in Chennai. What gets me excited about moving on to a new apartment is the option that I get to mix things up and give a new look to make that apartment our home.

Our previous master bedroom mentioned here had a combination of red, black and white.

The master bedroom in our current apartment is coloured very light pink. So the combination that I thought would click was pink and blue.


This is how our bedroom looked few days after we moved in.AKA before



First went up these blue curtains which were used to cover the open shelves in our previous guest bedroom.

Next were the bedside tables. In our previous bedroom, we didn't have enough space for two bedside tables. Luckily in our current bedroom we do. Although the two bedside tables are not symmetrical however having one on each side of the bed helps to create balance.

This cane basket was originally made for my parents bedroom in Assam. Assam is really famous for cane work and I loved this basket to the core.So my mom handed me the same this time when I went to their place.Now its acts as a bedside table for my corner of the bed.Its quite handy to keep my glasses and magazines!


The new comforter is another addition to the our bedroom. I love the floral patter and I think it goes really well with the colour pallet. It surely brightens up the entire room. I comforter is from Portico and was on some 40% discount or so.


The master bedroom from another angle...


Next on my To do list is painting a large art work to be hanged over the bed.


Let me know what you all think of our master bedroom.Do u guys think pink ,blue and green goes well as a combination?

Comments

  1. Excellent work Plavi. The use of the cane basket as the bed-side table is really interesting..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts