Tackling one room at a time..First up the Living room

This time my plan was to tackle one room at a time. I had to throw a house warming party.So the obvious choice was to start with the living room.

The first step was to decide on whether or not to keep the television in the living room followed by the furniture arrangement. This time we decided to keep the television in the living room instead of in the bedroom for obvious reason, the pleasant weather. In chennai we never wanted to step out of our air conditioned bedroom and here in bangalore every room seems to be naturally air conditioned.

I decided to make television the focal point and arranging the furnitures around. After rearranging the furniture few times I finally arrived at an arrangement that I love.I am no pro so i have to do a lot of rearranging until something clicks for me. I like this arrangement for three particular reasons
  • I dont really like symmetry however I also like balance. The furniture arrangement is not symmetrical over it looks well balanced.
  • Maximum viewing angle 
  • Also a good arrangement for conversations

I am sure it will evolve over time but this is how it looks at the moment. The colour palate remains almost the same as our previous living room. I want to add colour to room may be through cushions or paintings.

Living room in progress

This photo was clicked using my mobile, please excuse the poor quality

Few things that I would like to add/do to the living room:
  1. Add more cushions to add colours
  2. Get a centre table
  3. Add a large plant at one corner of the room
  4. Add more art 
Hope it evolves to a brighter and livelier hangout area.







Comments

Popular Posts