Progress Update! Under the stair clean up.

To be honest I couldn't accomplish as mush as I wanted in the month of January. However I am glad I didn't fall of the wagon completely and managed to keep the momentum going on my mission to clean and get organized.

Under the Stair:
Living with the mess for more than 4 months, I couldn't take it any more. Started by organizing the mess under the stair. It had become the place for anything and everything from garden equipment's, tool box, diyas( earthen lanterns) wires, old boxes of the appliances we purchased. In short a total mess.

Here is how it looked.
Before Shot of the mess under the stair.


First up were the old boxes. They contributed the most in terms of volume.
Old shoe box that I used previously to keep all the tools. It was in bad shade so it had to be discarded. The Purifier box, the OTG oven box all went out of the house into the dumpster.


Next I grouped and organized the tools. Although for the garden supplies I haven't found a permanent place yet, for now they have temporality found a home in one of the empty earthen pots in the car park.

Curtain rods, wooden planks went upstairs to the top most landing. So did the other tools like hammer, plier, screw driver etc. Organized the nails,wooden bits,switches in an old shoe box. The diyas were out since Diwali. So they went back inside a box awaiting to be opened during the next diwali.

Here is the space after the clean up. A pat on my shoulder and I am really happy that I finally cleared that area.


After: Clutter free under the stair

Has anyone tackled any organization projects?



Comments

Popular Posts