How did I spend my Sunday? Ans: Gardening

Yesterday was a lazy day and I did a bit of gardening. I am no expert on gardening but I love plants. Gardening is now my new favorite. I have been reading and endlessly looking at so many beautiful balcony garden that I absolutely adore. I don't have any plants on my balcony yet but it wont be the same for too long. I do have some plans up my sleeves for my balcony, more on that later.

I had tested my green thumb earlier which I mentioned about here however that wasn't a big success. I had to shift to bangalore because of work and lack of care was inevitable. I have now become bit more confident around plants. I read somewhere that more plants die because of over watering than lack of water and that is so true.

If I have to count, I have 12 variety of plants and some 20 pots. Most of them are now on the veranda facing the south because of abundance of sunlight.


My favorite at the moment is bougainvillea. The reason is very simple, not only are they pretty they are quite tough. If you neglect them and even forget to water them for a day or two they will survive pretty well. My bougainvillea was surviving well with lots of leaves but I was upset that there was no bloom. I read that watering it too ofter leads to ample leaves and less of bloom. Also bougainvillea love sunlight. Earlier the pot was in my front lawn which is north facing so got them near the common garden which is south facing. With ample sunlight and controlled watering, I have managed to get them to bloom.



I don't know the names of all the plants that I have.It would be great if you guys can help me identify them. I know only a few of them.

PS: Thats our neighbors kid helping me out. He is just 3 and its fascinating to see how he enjoys playing with mud and water.

Comments

Popular Posts